20 August 11:59pm
DELIVERED ON BEHALF OF:
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Expression of Interest
Expressions of interest are now open for the Powering Communities Grants Program. If you have a project that will improve energy efficiency practices and cut energy costs in your organisation, a Powering Communities grant could help make it happen.
Grants of between $5,000 and $12,000 are available for a variety of energy efficiency projects including:
- The purchase and installation of a rooftop solar system.
- The purchase and installation of batteries to connect your organisation to a new or existing solar system.
- Replacing existing air-conditioning, lighting, or hot water equipment with energy efficient alternatives.
- The purchase and installation of new energy efficient cooktops and refrigeration equipment.
- Energy audits and monitoring.
Grant funding will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs. Applicants must fund any expenditure over the grant amount and should have a schedule to complete the project by the 30th of June 2022.
Your organisation must have an Australian Business Number and be an incorporated entity, and be able to provide a project timeline with a notional budget.
Proposed projects must save energy and reduce bills for your organisation. Projects can include more than one eligible activity but must not have already started. Clean energy council accredited installers and products must be used.
The deadline for submitting your expression of interest to my office is Friday the 20th of August. Please note that the Department’s website states that the 6th September is the closing date – this applies to MPs’ offices making nominations, not groups submitting their proposal.
Click on the link below to submit your expression of interest.