Applications open from 17th August till 27th August
DELIVERED ON BEHALF OF:
Expression of Interest
Sporting Schools offers grant opportunities for primary schools, and targeted grant opportunities for primary and secondary schools in relation to year 7 and 8 students. Grants support the delivery of sport-based programs to help students build the confidence and capability to be active for life.
Grants of between $1,000 and $3,600 (GST exclusive) are available for primary schools and $1000 to $2,500 for secondary schools.
Sport Australia has partnered with more than 35 national sporting organisations (NSOs) to facilitate delivery of Sporting Schools programs.
The objectives of Sporting Schools are to:
- improve children’s fundamental movement skills to encourage lifelong participation in physical activity
- increase the awareness of the value of sport in schools
- engage children in high quality sporting programs
- connect children with sport in their local communities
- develop the capability and capacity of sport to drive nationwide participation growth
To apply you must:
- meet all eligibility criteria
- be a nominated contact on the school’s site account with a registered individual username and password
- login to complete the online Sporting Schools application form via the Sporting Schools portal
- submit your application prior to the closing date
- agree to the terms and conditions.
Schools can submit one application each term for the grant type they are eligible for. Combined schools and special schools may apply for a primary and secondary school grant each term if they meet the eligibility criteria.
Schools must apply for a grant using the Sporting Schools portal via the Schools Login on the Sporting Schools Website. No applications can be submitted in any other form. Please click the button below to proceed to the Sporting Schools website.