18 April 2021 – 11:00pm AEST
DELIVERED ON BEHALF OF:
Department of Social Services
Expression of Interest
Grants of between $1,000 and $5,000 are available to eligible not-for-profit community organisations to support a range of volunteer activities.
This funding can be used to:
- Purchase eligible small equipment items for use by volunteers
- Contribute to volunteers’ fuel costs
- Contribute to transport costs for volunteers with disability who are unable to drive
- Assist with the costs of training courses for volunteers
- Undertake background screening checks for volunteers
- Assist with changes to make volunteering safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In order to receive funding, grants must be used for activities that:
- Help community organisations to support the efforts of Australia’s volunteers
- Help community organisations to support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering
- Encourage, support and increase participation in volunteering
To receive a grant, at least 40% of an organisation’s staff must be volunteers.
For more information about eligibility and grant criteria, please contact the office or visit www.communitygrants.gov.au.
To submit an expression of interest, click the button below.